Tuesday 28 August 2012

Super Duper Memories


"Good memories are painful to keep"
- Me 
          At the very moment of a specific situation, when we enjoy or perish doing something, we usually don't think of  "how-it-would-be-to-think-about-it-in-the-future". In my case, sometimes when I'm enjoying a moment, I do start getting paranoid and start thinking of how it would feel like to miss that specific happening in the future. And I get this thought at the very moment when I start feeling special in a specific happening or occurrence. And No, it doesn't ruin my present. I like thinking like this. Its not complicated at all.

I remember times when I was quiet while everyone else was enjoying. That moment of silence lasted for some seconds, yet brought many thoughts in my mind. I thought "What can I do to preserve this moment? What can I do to make it more memorable?". I start clicking pictures or taking videos.Usually people take pictures or make videos just like that, at the heat of the moment. But I get specific thoughts of how I want to remember a specific situation in the future. This behavior of mine has generated due to several reasons- mostly connected to the ways I used to write my diary.

I've been writing a diary for ten years now and when I read the same material again and again, I get to understand so many things - ways I used to think, Ways I wanted to remember a specific event or situation. Its unfair because if I just write the bad stuff, after ten years all Ill clearly remember will be the negativity of that person or occurrence.

Therefore I have adapted new ways to capturing memories. Some good memories are too painful to keep, so I thought of keeping no trail behind those events...

Its kinda good that I can be so forgetful at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment